DR YSR KANTI VELUGU PROGRAMME
1. Comprehensive and sustainable Universal Eye Care to all the people(5 crore) in the state by conducting eye screening and provision of appropriate interventions like distribution of Spectacles, Surgeries in case of Cataract, Glaucoma, Retinopathy, corneal disorders etc in a Phased manner.
2. Free of cost, accessibility and quality are the key areas in provision of services.
- 1. Universal eye screening for entire population and to provide Primary, Secondary and Tertiary eye care services at free of cost.
- 2. Strengthening of existing health facilities under Government sector
- 3. Increasing the availability of skilled manpower through capacity building
- 4. Inclusion of private health facilities and personal for training, screening and surgeries
- 5. Usage of Information and Communication technology in every process of programme
- 6. Interdepartmental coordination for active involvement of all stakeholders
- 7. Providing the spectacles immediately after identification of refractive errors and Providing surgeries for Cataract, Glaucoma, Retinopathy, corneal disorders etc
- 8. Ensuring the quality in the services provided through continuous monitoring and evaluation by the external agency if needed.